Chipping away

BINARY Page in progress

The shift in workflow has started to bear fruit – I find I am able to get work done more frequently, which is a good feeling.

Getting used to the change of hardware / software too, though I find myself jumping back to the old approach for some things…

Getting through the page art though, Have blocked out all of the 9 pages, keeping busy. Working with more people in the panels is increasing the time –


Looking to progress things using leonardo on my ol Surface Pro (1). Getting time to work on PC is now proving problematic no matter how much it is my preferred approach.

Going to mix it up between Leonardo (tablet) and PS (PC). Pity leonardo doesnt currently import PSD yet. Still should be workable.

Base art for next update done. Colour + Words to come.


New Mobile Preview Page

Have reworked the CMS and comic engine to incorporate a dedicated mobile layout. This means formatting and uploading a new set of pages but the result is a story that is easier to read on mobile.

Only Death Note is available – and I need to finish the interface / chapter navigation / chapter content loading /  tweak content / update ALL the other pages before going live.

Preview here –


Want to look at how art pages display on mobile. I think the tapastic approach of vertical scroll will work the best based of a quick question/ poll Amelia of KINGS CLUB <– check it out held. Where it was the favoured approach over full pages.

I love widescreen desktop, sliding fullpage content and hi-res sharp text etc. Taking in a page in one hit. But plenty of people digest on mobile, which by default lends itself to vertical scroll on portait mode (how you read page content) Breaking down the panels might destroy page flow, but can allow each panel a chance to hero. And readers can still read at their own pace.

How to make it work without making a lot of extra work. One to stew over.